Our team first started using CFD with rotating flows in 2003. Since then our engineers have taken a leading role in introducing this technology to the European market. This has involved performing many rotating machinery consultancy projects, working on validation cases and supporting customers with this capability.
Some of the projects performed using CFD for rotating machinery applications include: –
- Validation of CFD for predicting performance of a screw centrifugal impeller pump.
- Simulation of a Water Bypass pump.
- Performance simulation of a single stage, axially split, centrifugal pump.
- Verification flow simulation of a Vertical Turbine Line shaft Pump.
- Power prediction simulation for water flow through a Francis turbine.
- Flow Simulation through a small axial flow turbine.
- Design Simulation of an axial flow water meter.
- Validation of CFD for performance predictions on a dual impeller centrifugal pump.
- Comparative design study of a High Pressure Fire Pump
- Technique development for CFD simulation of un-shrouded irrigation pumps.
- Method development for wind turbine design calculations.
- Efficiency optimization of a Regenerative pump using PumpLinx.
80/20 Engineering has become a specialist in CFD for rotating applications and as a result added PumpLinx to its portfolio of CFD solutions and services in 2010.
Through this work 80/20 Engineering has gained a valuable insight into the various development issues arising within pump design and development.