‘Removing rounds, small or irrelevant features and merging faces to simplify meshing’
(Images Courtesy of McCormick Stevenson)
‘Extract mid-surfaces /extrusions to create shell/beam elements or isolate relevant sections of large models assemblies’
(Images Courtesy of AeroNautique)
‘Easily create flow volumes for CFD or set up symmetry conditions’
(Image courtesy of Emhart Glass)
Discovery SpaceClaim – Analysis Model Preparation ‘Free trial available upon request’
By removing the geometry bottleneck from simulations, most Discovery SpaceClaim CAE users find they’re now able to run twice as many simulations as before they used Discovery SpaceClaim. For CAE model preparation, the return on investment (ROI) is extremely compelling because Discovery SpaceClaim has specific tools to de-feature and prepare models for analysis quickly and seamlessly.
Improve CAE Model Preparation and Editing
Discovery SpaceClaim Engineer improves simulation productivity by giving engineers complete control of model preparation, editing, and optimization. With Discovery SpaceClaim, engineers gain the freedom to:
- Easily prepare CAD models for meshing and analysis.
- Quickly improve and manipulate designs.
- Seamlessly share design changes with the CAD team.
- Fix STEP, IGES and other imported CAD files.
Directly Match Products to Engineering Objectives
The need to compromise on designs no longer exists. Discovery SpaceClaim’s 3D Direct Modelling technology lets simulation engineers directly match products to engineering objectives, such as weight, strength, and cost, regardless of the original constraints in CAD. Discovery SpaceClaim’s unique modelling tools enable engineers to easily explore different ways of optimizing a design by directly modifying parts and adding new driving dimensions for closed-loop iteration with analysis tools.
Unique De-Featuring Technology
Discovery SpaceClaim’s de-featuring capabilities put speed and flexibility in the engineer’s hands.
- Remove stubborn rounds, including those that overlap or have complex intersections.
- Automatically detect and remove small holes and faces, and other irrelevant geometry.
- Chop off geometry unrelated to your simulation.
- Split models according to symmetry.
- Automatically calculate mid-surfaces for thin-walled parts and extract volumes for CFD.
State-of-the-Art Direct Modelling Tools
Direct Modelling is the only way to create and edit solid models, regardless of the originating CAD system. Discovery SpaceClaim uniquely delivers direct modelling to engineers who aren’t CAD experts.
- Add or remove from the design using the Pull tool.
- Modify the design with the Move tool.
- Merge and cut solids with the Combine tool.
- Remove and patch geometry with the Fill tool.
- Use custom dimensions to precisely edit the model.
Streamline the Pathways between CAD and CAE
No need to wait hours or days for the CAD team to make engineering changes.
- Open native data from all major CAD systems and edit it as if it were originally created with Discovery SpaceClaim.(Supported Formats)
- Powerful clean-up tools clean data from legacy systems, custom code, or surface modellers that don’t produce watertight solids.
- Special tools remove features irrelevant to analysis, such as round and small holes.
- Sophisticated algorithms detect mid-planes and extract volumes to get solids ready for specialized meshes. Specify improvements to the CAD team with an accurate solid model and automatically track changes.
Why Discovery SpaceClaim?
- Discovery SpaceClaim is focused on the unique needs of simulation users. It speaks engineering, not CAD.
- The prepare and repair are fully automated tools that get the geometry where you need it.
- Discovery SpaceClaim is easy to learn and use with an extremely intuitive user interface. It lets you focus on simulation rather than making you wade through tools you never use.
Check-out Discovery Live which is the ‘Multi-Physics’ Instant Simulation Results extension to Discovery SpaceClaim.
For further information please contact us.